Skip to main content


Official transcripts

Students who have satisfied all financial obligations to the University are entitled to an official transcript of their academic records, which they may order from Student Records.

Except for internal educational uses or as otherwise required by law, Northwestern issues official transcripts only upon written authorization of the student concerned. Because of the confidential nature of a student’s record, telephone or verbal requests for transcripts will not be accepted. Written requests should be submitted to Student Records:

Deliver your written request for official transcripts via email or in-person:

Requests for transcripts initiated by persons or agencies other than the student or appropriate educational agencies will not be filled until written authorization has been secured from the student. When these requests can be anticipated, students can avoid delay by providing such authorization in advance.

Unofficial transcripts

Current students can print unofficial copies of their transcripts by accessing their student records on CAESAR. Former students who no longer have access to CAESAR should consult Student Records.

Transcripts from other universities

Northwestern University does not release or certify copies of transcripts received from other schools or institutions. Students needing official transcripts from study abroad experiences must request such transcripts from the institution or program attended.

Back to top